Friday 5 April 2013

Chrome & Antlers

I went for a little retail therapy just yesterday and came across some chrome pieces.
I have never been a huge fan of chrome as I tend to turn to the more rustic metals like brass or wrought iron. I love interiors that have a touch of cabin fever, like thick knitted quilts, beautifully upholstered armchairs, open fire places, wood and stone and when I came across these I loved the idea even more. 

The antlers selection that they had was amazing and at great value. These three sets of antlers were mounted onto a wooden slat. The chrome, like you tend to find in cheaper stores is often very heavily polished and looks a bit tacky, but these had texture and the creases and indentation details held a slight darker shade of chrome giving them an older vintage look. These were priced at just £24.99 at Tk maxx.


Here is another antler piece also tk maxx. I can imagine two of these owning a wooden dining table as statement pieces or placed on a side board, however it is small another to be placed on a coffee/small table, this was priced at £14.99.


Now I really did like this. It is not quite as detailed as I would like it to be but I think along with the antlers in a room it would give a sense of the outdoors and adventure. This was an absolute bargain reduced to just £12 tk maxx! I could see this on a wooden side table next to a comfy, brown leather sofa and a toasty open fire, aah :)


I really love grey or green at the moment for a wall colour, especially the range that they have on offer from Farrow & Ball, my favourite paint company. Farrow & Ball's French Grey and Green Blue are gorgeous.
French Grey & Green Blue
by Farrow & Ball.

I had a little browse online for an interior that I think would perfectly accommodate my little finds and I think this French interior justifies. 

Source: My French Country Home

No comments:

Post a Comment